Προσφορές εργασίας για ελεύθερους επαγγελματίες (freelancers) στην Ελλάδα και το Εξωτερικό
Δημοσιεύθηκε στις 17 Ιανουαρίου 2012
We are a young company working on a new product. The new product is an innovative idea that should change how software developers look at software security.
We are planning several phases to take this idea to market, following a lean development methodology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_software_development), the goal is to develop a Minimum Viable Product and then beef it up as we go.
We are looking for a senior Ruby on Rails developer, Ottawa, Canada area preferred but you could be anywhere as long as you have superb communication skills.
You are going to be ideal if you have great RoR, CoffeeScript and JQuery skills, have excellent communication skills and understand the Lean Development Methodology. Ideal++ if you could slide complex PSD into HTML. You are going to get bonus points if you know what cross-site scripting and SQL Injection are in details. You would be super ideal if you had experience with Amazon AWS and the likes.
What we are looking for:
- RoR, CoffeeScript and JQuery proficient with sample apps under your belt.
- Experience with mySQL.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Speed while maintaining high code quality.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to accept changes and do your own testing before delivering code.
- Accepting the fact that your code will be code reviewed.
If you won the bid, you will have the following:
- Detailed function specs of the intended functionality, which should never stop you from recommended betterfastermore intuitive ways of doing things.
- PSD if you are a pretty good at slicing, HTML if you are not.
- A scrum meeting either dailybi-weeklyweekly, we will probably try different things to see what works best.
In terms of deadlines, we should have everything you need by the end of this month of January and we are going to agree together on a delivery date, we could build some cushion in there if you had other projects going on or to leave some room for other gigs. But I would expect 60-70% dedication to our project at least.
What we expect from you:
- if anything is blocking you, it should be raised as soon as possible.
- Any ideas, contributions, betterfastermore intuitive ways of doing things are highly encouraged and valued.
- Small patches (usually less than a day worth of coding) so that it could be easier code reviewed.
- working product (per agile methodology) on every patch. This will help us UX test it more often and introduce changes earlier and easier.
- Sticking to schedules.
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- How do you think you match the criteria above.
- URLs to sample sites built in Ruby and what was your role.
- Your rate