Προσφορές εργασίας για ελεύθερους επαγγελματίες (freelancers) στην Ελλάδα και το Εξωτερικό
Δημοσιεύθηκε στις 28 Μαρτίου 2014
Blue Mountain Arts is interested in reviewing poetry and writings that would be appropriate for our greeting cards.
1. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Contemporary prose or poetry written from personal experience that reflects the thoughts and feelings people today want to communicate to one another, but don't always know how to put into words. Because our cards capture genuine emotions on topics such as love, friendship, family, missing you, and other real-life subjects, we suggest that you have a friend, relative, or someone else in your life in mind as you write. Writings on special occasions (birthday, anniversary, congratulations, etc.), as well as the challenges, difficulties, and aspirations of life are also considered. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with our products prior to submitting material, but don't study them too hard. We are looking for new, original, and creative writings that do not sound like anything we have already published.
2. WHAT WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR: Rhymed poetry, religious verse, one-liners, or humor. Try to avoid frequently overused words and phrases, such as "special," "gift," "sending you a hug," "birthday wishes for you," and "angel." We receive a large number of submissions about mothers, sons, daughters, and love. For these themes, we only consider writings that are refreshing and unique or that express age-old sentiments in new and different ways. (Hint: Avoid lines like "You were always there for me," "I remember when you were a baby," "I am so proud of you," or "You are my dream come true.")
3. POSTAL SUBMISSIONS: Send to Blue Mountain Arts Editorial Department, P. O. Box 1007, Boulder, CO 80306. Work should be typewritten; one poem per page please. Your name should appear on every page. You may submit as many poems at one time as you wish. If you would like a response and/or to have your work returned, you must enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) of adequate size, with the correct postage. Be sure to include your name, address, and telephone number with your submission, and please keep us informed of all address and telephone number changes. Include your e-mail address if you wish to receive periodic e-mail updates of our current needs.
4. E-MAIL SUBMISSIONS: Send to the e-mail address below. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS OR WEBSITE LINKS. You may submit as many different works as you wish all in the same e-mail. Type or paste the text of your work(s) into the body of the e-mail. Be sure to include your name, address, and telephone number. E-mail submissions will receive a reply within 1-2 weeks as receipt of your submission. If you do not hear from us again within 4 months, you can assume that your work is no longer under consideration.
5. SUBMISSIONS SELECTED FOR FURTHER REVIEW will receive a response by postal mail within 2 to 4 months. We are unable to respond to e-mail submissions that are not chosen for further review.
6. PAYMENT: We pay $300 per poem for the worldwide, exclusive rights to publish it on a greeting card and other products, and $50 per poem for one-time use in a book. Publication procedures will be explained in detail prior to actually publishing your work.
7. QUESTIONS concerning your submission can be sent to Blue Mountain Arts Editorial Department, P. O. Box 1007, Boulder, CO 80306, or you can e-mail us at the address below. Please do not telephone.
8. COPYRIGHT: Your work need not be copyrighted prior to submission. For information on how to apply for a copyright, please contact the United States Copyright Office, Library of Congress, Washington, DC 20559.
9. SUBMISSIONS FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S. are accepted, but only in the English language.
10. SEASONAL POETRY SUBMISSION DATES: We welcome material for the following holidays. Submissions received after the dates shown may be held for review until the following year.
Christmas & General Holiday: July 15
Valentine's Day: September 12
Easter: November 8
Mother's Day: December 13
Father's Day: February 7
keywords: writing job, greeting card writer, writer