Προσφορές εργασίας για ελεύθερους επαγγελματίες (freelancers) στην Ελλάδα και το Εξωτερικό
Δημοσιεύθηκε στις 29 Οκτωβρίου 2012
Do you have journalistic chops and a particular filmmaking knowledge or expertise? Would you like to write for this website? Within the next few weeks Filmmaker will be launching the next version of FilmmakerMagazine.com, a site relaunch that will include new sections devoted to the various different aspects of filmmaking. Readers will still find on the site the existing members of our team as well as our regular freelancers. But there will be room for new content and new voices. Specifically, we're now seeking good, smart writers who can write about the actual craft and business of making movies. We're looking for those who can authoritatively write about cinematography, screenwriting, editing and post-production, producing, directing, distribution, financing, marketing and transmedia. And, as always, we're looking for people who can write about these subjects with clarity and from an insider's point-of-view.
There's always the possibility for crossover into the print magazine, but at the moment we're looking for web writers - journalists who can pen content ranging from short news-oriented blog posts to interviews to longer articles and essays.
Depending on area of expertise, we are seeking writers who can post anywhere from a couple of times a month to four or five times a week. We're looking for specialists -- people who can claim a specific beat. Filmmaker pays on a per post basis, and we are competitive with similarly-sized sites. That said, you should not expect to get rich writing for Filmmaker. But the exposure is great and we make an effort to promote all of our writers' work across all of our social media properties.
We are not at the moment looking for film reviewers or people who want to interview directors.
Ideal writers will have the following:
1. Authority. You should know the filmmaking subject you're writing about, preferably through hands-on, real-world experience.
2. Strong writing skills. You will need to be a strong writer and be able to turn in relatively clean, typo-free copy. Preferably you'll have published before, even if it's just on your own blog.
3. Specific understanding and appreciation of the independent film sector. You should know and be able to discover new filmmaking and below-the-line talent.
4. Ability to network, track down leads and contact the sources you'll need for your pieces.
5. Creativity. The ability to think outside the box and imagine new ways of covering the age-old filmmaking topics is a plus, as is audio and video expertise.
6. Commitment. We are looking for curious and motivated writers who can scour their chosen beat for new article ideas and deliver copy on a regular basis, even if it's just a few times a month.
If you think you satisfy the above requirements, you can contact me directly at the e-mail address below. Please include a cover letter stating your areas of interest and expertise, links to relevant writing samples, a bio/resume, and links to your profile on LinkedIn, Twitter and/or Facebook. Include in the subject line "Writing for Filmmaker."
keywords: writer, writing jobs, freelance writer, freelance writing jobs